The Hidden Reflection

This semester, my 6th and 7th hour made a feature film called The Hidden. 

The Process

My production role for this film was 1st Assistant Camera and Editor. This meant that I was the 2nd camera able that we need and helped with whatever the DP needed. After production days were over, I was assigned lsat minute to the editing crew. For editing, we had 3 weeks until picture lock and that was very stressful. We fixed this though by moving the picture lock date 4 days back. I spent many hours on this film and I am very proud of how the final edit turned out.

Time in Class

Everyday in class, I was collaborating with either my directors or my DP about upcoming filming days or ideas about the storyline of the film during Pre-Production. When I finished early with my work, I started a new project that had to do with the film. When I out of class, I still critiqued films and tv shows and watched for different camera and lighting techniques.

Strengths and Weaknesses

I think my biggest strength during this film is that I was very dedicated. I was apart of the film from beginning to the end. When I had an idea, I made sure that it got done right. My biggest weakness would be staying on task because many of my friends were a part of this class and made me get distracted easily. I fix this by realizing it and then stopping it.

Summary

The premiere night on May 9th was at Cinetopia and was absolutely incredible. We were able to take limos around the city and then had dinner as a cast and crew and then had 443 people show up to our premier of the 2 feature films (another class made one, too). I loved the amount of friendships I made this year because of this film and I can now call a number of people in this class some of my best friends. My goal next year is to be more assertive but not get too irritated easily. Overall, this film has helped this year become the best school year ever.

Comments

Popular Posts