Musical Connection Short Film

For the beginning of this project, every student in the class was tasked to write a short film treatment and script that could possibly be chosen by a group to actually film. My group chosen Musical Connection. The concept of this film was a boy named Peter lost his father and is able to cope through music.

For this film, my role was sound technician. I learned how to better use a Zoom mic and how to adjust a boom mic to get better audio. I used my technical skills which the boom mic because sometimes it as really windy or loud with crickets and I had to have someone hold something to block the unnecessary sound. For communication, I was able to tell people when the sound was ready or if we had to wait for a car or not. During pre-production, my crew was able to communicate really well and all of our ideas were used in the film. For project management, my group was able to get pre-production and filming done in time enough to have a week to edit. But, the video above is not picture lock.

If I would do anything differently, I would have confirmed with our actor if he could do it or not because our first actor bailed on us and we had to find a new one 2 days before the first shoot. If I would do anything the same, it would be to pick the same people for this crew because we got along together very well and resected each other and was able to have fun at the same time.

I am proud of this product, but I wish we could've gotten it to picture lock on time.

Comments

Popular Posts